Power chose data center as a Service
Data center as a Service
Power is one of the largest vendors of electronics in Norway, with shops all over the country, as well as providing a web shop. Power Norge AS is a subsidiary of Power International, which is a Nordic group. The parent company and all group functions are based in Norway. Power offers a wide range of products for household appliances, kitchen appliances, computers, mobile phones, televisions, etc., at competitive prices.
– To do everything in the right order through solid project management, has been important for us. With Coromatic as a partner, there have been no surprises along the way. The role as project lead and technical coordinator for us as a customer and the builder was also performed without any hitches, Frode Næss Larsen explains (the right).
The cooperation with Coromatic
As a Nordic group, Power is concerned with being able to exploit the advantages of large-scale operations, such as centralisation of IT infrastructure. When the decision was made to create an in-house data center, the company wanted to cooperate with an experienced partner.
Power had a need for expertise with regards to data center, but also project management and coordination between property owner, customer and developer.
Power contacted Coromatic on the basis of recommendations they had received from one of their other partners. Coromatic has a wealth of experience to draw on, and has successfully delivered over 100 complete data centres, as well as thousands of UPS’s and generators across all of Norway. This was, therefore, a safe choice of partner, and the cooperation was established.
Constructing a new data center
Frode Næss Larsen is Head of IT at Power, and explains the comprehensive process involved with building a new data center at the new head office.
The IT department is in charge of all operations and management of the IT systems, as well as the technical operations of the facility itself. They put a lot of value on robust, standardised solutions, with the option of future scaling.
– To do everything in the right order through solid project management, has been important for us. With Coromatic as a partner, there have been no surprises along the way.
The role as project lead and technical coordinator for us as a customer and the builder was also performed without any hitches, Larsen explains.
Redundant data center solution
The data center is the very heart of the enterprise and supports all the shops in addition to internal IT systems throughout the group.
– We have invested in a redundant data center solution, with two operational data centres 24/7. This also provides predictability over time, Larsen explains.
The data center itself is clearly set out and spatially efficient and safeguards the necessary uptime requirement. Over 200 shops, web shops in 4 countries and all other IT is dependent on the data center in order to operate. In short, all of the enterprises’ critical processes.
– We are exceedingly satisfied with what Coromatic has achieved, Larsen confirms.
Complete delivery of data facilities
Coromatic has provided us with a complete delivery, consisting of a data center as a Service, technical design, cooling, fire prevention systems, UPS, racks, data flooring and technical alarm systems.
The type of UPS is Socomec Masterys GP 2.0, which provides ultra-high efficiency output leading to significant cost savings.
The data center is optimised to provide strong cooling performance with the aid of modern encasement, which allows for high temperatures, and therefore results in lower operational costs. Coromatic’s experienced service technicians perform running inspections to secure continuous optimization of the data center, in order to lower operational costs.
Data center as a Service provides security and predictability
Coromatic delivers the data center “as-a-Service”.
– This service is increasingly in demand, explains Magnus Askautrud, Sales Manager for data centres at Coromatic. Through this agreement, we take complete responsibility of our customers’ critical facilities, such as data centres, for a set fee, and ensure their uninterrupted performance. This provides security and predictability for the customer.
Through the as-a-Service-contract, Coromatic offers to take on complete liability for operations, which means that Coromatic guarantees uninterrupted operations of the facility 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Coromatic guarantees that all work, consumables, and spare parts are included as part of the set, ongoing service charge. This means that the customer will never have any unforeseen costs with regards to the data center.
Power is very satisfied with the cooperation, as well as the results
– Through this agreement, we receive a robust solution, which allows us calmness and predictable cost management. We now have the capacity we need, and at the same time are well equipped to face the future. Now we may concentrate on growth with regards to cloud services, which may be operated safely from within our new data center, Larsen concludes.